BENEFITS THROUGH COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Your Chamber membership also provides support to a wide variety of endeavors that generally promote an environment conducive to business. These more “intangible” benefits include community-building activities that effectively serve to elevate the quality of life here in Jefferson County.
• Statewide program focused on positioning counties to achieve their full economic growth potential
• Annual recertification which requires an active evaluation of the resources in our county
• Conducive to Jefferson County’s ability to gain grant funding, in turn keeping taxes lower
• One of 11 counties throughout the state chosen to represent their county at a National Level
• Recruitment of upscale retirees interested in relocating to Jefferson County
• Increased exposure through national conventions, regional advertising, and daily mailings
Adult and Youth Leadership Programs
• Participation as a class member or host in either of our Leadership Programs offered
• Unique opportunity to network with other local leaders while learning valuable information about Jefferson County through 8
topic specific day-long sessions
• Development of young community leaders through Jefferson County Youth Leadership
Building a Better Future
• Long range strategic plan focused on developing strategies for Education, Economic/Business Development, Quality of Life,
Environment, Leadership, and Infrastructure in the county.
• Opportunity to contribute valuable input as an action partner on one or more Foundation Teams
• Invite to BABF Annual Meeting to gain insight into the current status of the strategic plan
• Partnering with Dollywood Foundation to continue serving as the programs presenting sponsor
• Promoting reading by providing books to children up to 5 years old in the county
Christmas in Jefferson County
• Annual service project providing 600+ local families & seniors with food and gifts at Christmas
• Opportunity to participate as a volunteer or sponsor during the gathering, sorting, and distribution of food and gift baskets.
For more information on any of these programs or to get involved, please contact