The Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce is seeking a passionate and dedicated Community Development and Membership Coordinator to drive community engagement, foster economic growth, and enhance membership value within our Chamber of Commerce. This position plays a vital role in developing and implementing strategies to promote community development initiatives, attract new members, and ensure the satisfaction and retention of existing members.
- Coordinator of Adult and Youth Leadership Programs.
- Develop and execute new Chamber programs, Young Professionals, Woman in Business, Ambassadors programs of the Chamber.
- Develop and execute community development initiatives and programs that promote economic growth, including business retention and expansion projects, workforce development programs, and strategic partnerships.
- Implement strategies to enhance the overall quality of life in Jefferson County, such as downtown revitalization efforts, infrastructure improvements, and community events.
• Develop and implement membership recruitment strategies to attract new businesses,
organizations, and individuals to join the Chamber of Commerce.
- Provide excellent customer service to existing members, ensuring their needs are met and their voices are heard.
- Plan and execute member retention initiatives, including personalized outreach, member benefits enhancement, and value-added services.
- Send new member applications to Membership Committee for membership approval prepares new members report to be included in CEO Report at Board of Directors meetings.
- Collaborate with the Event Coordinator to plan, organize, and execute Chamber events and networking opportunities to foster connections and collaboration among members.
- Coordinate workshops, seminars, and educational programs that provide valuable resources and professional development opportunities for members.
- Work closely with Events committees and task forces to plan and execute successful events that align with the Chamber’s goals and objectives.
- Works with the Chamber Event Coordinator in scheduling ribbon cuttings and/or grand openings for Chamber members
- Collaborate with the Events Coordinator in securing sponsorship for events and in-kind contributions.
- Develop and implement effective communication strategies to promote Chamber initiatives, events, and member benefits.
- Collaborate with the Events Coordinator on managing Chamber’s website, social media platforms, newsletters, and other communication channels to ensure consistent and engaging messaging.
- Create marketing materials, including brochures, flyers, and press releases, to support membership recruitment and community development efforts.
- Advocate for pro-business policies and represent the Chamber’s interests.
- Cultivate relationships with key decision-makers, industry associations, and advocacy groups to influence positive change for the business community.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER SKILLS: strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills; ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of individuals; highly developed organizational and planning skills; highly
developed oral and written communication skills; creative and detail oriented; organizational leadership, project management, and volunteer management experience; ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously; proficiency in Microsoft Office Strict adherence to confidentiality.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Position is in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions. Frequent off-site meetings and events are also a component of this position. This position does require work on some evenings and weekends. Must be able to lift 25lbs.
Wages: $22.50 per hour up to 25 hours per week
Potential to move to Full-Time in January 2024
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following items as a single PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) Cover Letter
2) Resume (two-page limit)
3) References (minimum of three)
Consideration will only be given to applications submitted as outlined above. Applications submitted with multiple attachments or not including all three items listed above will not be considered. Job opened until filled.