PRESIDENT & CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER EXECUTIVE SEARCH
The Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce is engaging in a robust professional search to hire a new leader to serve as the President and CEO.
Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce
The mission is to the voice of the members and to focus on enhancing the growth and prosperity of the community.
The Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce services the interest of businesses in each of our five municipalities within the county: Baneberry, Dandridge, Jefferson City, New Market, and White Pine with over 325 members.
Networking and educational opportunities allow the members to meet and connect with other business professionals, as well as potential future customers. From small business to large corporations and from healthcare to manufacturing, members gain visibility, build networks, and grow professionally while extending their brand as community leaders. Without a desirable quality of life our business community could not thrive. By creating a strong business environment, we enhance the community where we live, work, and play
The President/Chief Executive Officer is responsible for all functions of the Jefferson County Chamber that are required to meet the Chamber’s mission and annual operating plan. This includes coordination of the program agenda; organizational structure and procedures; staff selection and supervision; development and implementation of operating policies and procedures; recruitment and motivation of volunteers; income and expenditures, membership development and maintenance; and long-range planning and supervising the economic development activities and negotiating with prospects, local, state, and federal agencies for infrastructure incentives and other requirements for closure of relocations, expansions that create or retain jobs.
• With the Board of Directors, set the vision, mission and climate for the Chamber, building on previous, successful initiatives and introducing fresh thinking, to produce an inclusive, proactive organization.
• Exercise leadership in communicating the vision and mission in such a way that all who are a part of the Chamber and/or served by the Chamber recognize their role in making it a reality.
• Build a mission-driven organization where all employees are committed to meeting the Chamber’s objectives.
• Through effective fund-raising, alliance building and resource utilization, provide the means for Chamber staff to be able to fulfill the work before them.
• Become sufficiently engaged in the community through active participation with a broad spectrum of the private, public and educational sectors, to understand needs, influence directions, and develop effective programs.
• Work with the Board to assure that the organizational structure matches the Chamber’s identified strategies. Attend to staffing requirement to achieve the Chamber’s objectives. Accept responsibility for ensuring overall organizational effectiveness.
• Lead the Chamber senior management team to ensure that 1) human resource selection, development, rewards and performance management processes are consistent with the mission and organizational goals, 2) the organization seeks to improve, continually, and that 3) the organization is passionate in its desire to understand and meet “customer” needs.
• Responsible for supervising all economic development activities. Work with all prospective clients after clients have indicated Jefferson County is on short list. Negotiate the clients and government officials to bring jobs to Jefferson County.
• Serve as primary Chamber liaison with community leaders, elected and senior appointed officials in local and state governments, Chamber staff and the Board of Directors.
• Develop and propose to the Board an operating budget necessary to meet the program needs of the Chamber. Work with the Board and others in the community to develop non-membership revenue streams to support the budget. Administer the operations of the Chamber within the budget adopted by the Board. Assure regular financial reports are submitted and that Chamber financial records are audited annually.
• Oversee standing and short-term Chamber committees as they seek to build effective programs designed to meet identified community needs; evaluate success
• Provide day-to-day direction through a team of senior management to provide supervision and guidance to all Chamber employees. Assure effective management systems, operating policies and procedures, and employee relations programs are in place.
• Direct programs to recruit, train and motivate volunteers to support the Chamber’s activities.
• Work closely with the Chairman of the Board to prepare statements regarding Chamber positions on matters of Chamber initiatives, public policy and legislative actions.
• Work with Board and community to provide continuity and consistency in programming. Utilize strategic planning skills to anticipate emerging and long-range issues and recommend Chamber and community solutions to meet such needs.
• Assure the Chamber’s recruiting, training, and compensation programs are geared to supporting departmental needs.
• Assure the Chamber is in compliance with all federal and state regulations governing employees, their compensation and benefits.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• At least five years business or nonprofit membership organization experience operating in a senior management capacity where leadership was instrumental in overall organization success. Chamber experience not required but will be acknowledged.
• Excellent leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to run the day-to-day and long-term business of the organization.
• Proven ability to develop staff and community respect, set priorities, design and implement action plans.
• Ability to function effectively as the Chamber spokesperson. Serve as the advocate for Chamber
positions and work effectively with the media to explain and achieve “buy-in” for those positions within all segments of the community.
• An appreciation of small business and the services that a Chamber can provide those members, while at the same time balancing the needs of the total community, in its economic growth.
• Ability to work toward common goals with groups that are diverse ethnically, and/or politically that may exhibit differing priorities and expectations.
• Excellent communication skills, to include both oral and written presentations, with demonstrated expertise in developing and maintaining effective media relations.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range is between $68,000-$78,000. This position is eligible for benefits including health insurance, including vision and dental, paid-time off, educational assistance, retirement contributions, and long-term life insurance.
Please email email@example.com a current resume and personalized cover letter addressing what Jefferson County asset you believe makes Jefferson County the best place to live, work or play. The deadline to apply is May 27, 2022.