Position: Community Development & Membership Coordinator
Reports To: President & CEO
Summary: Plans, coordinates and conducts a variety of chamber programs and activities, works with volunteers to develop new programs, seminars, workshops and forums; develops public relations programs and works with the media to promote the chamber’s various activities; coordinates and is the staff executive responsible for Leadership Program. Serves as liaison with all constituencies including, but not limited to chamber staff, meeting & event planners, member and non-member businesses and visitors. Services chamber members through regularly scheduled and other programs.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education:
• College degree required, preferably with an emphasis on marketing and training and development.
• Excellent verbal and writing skills are essential.
• Courteous, professional, service-oriented and possess strong people skills
• Previous sales experience preferred.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in marketing or public relations field
• Knowledge of membership development & retention programs and strategies.
• Skilled in computer and software usage including but not limited to all Microsoft Office software, and database management, particularly Word, Excel, Access, Outlook & PowerPoint.
• Ability to prospect/cold-call new businesses and to upgrade and sell major accounts.
• Actively support and participate in chamber functions.
• Experience in fundraising.
• Ability to organize and motivate volunteers.
• Ability to relate well to both small businesses and high-level corporate executives.
• Contact, acquire and sell new Chamber memberships to businesses and organizations located through Jefferson and surrounding counties.
• Actively seek new business leads for prospective members and follow-up as appropriate.
• Schedule appointments and visits with renewal accounts and existing Chamber members to assist members in taking full advantage of their membership including participation (attendance and volunteerism) and retention in the Chamber.
• Cultivate and maintain an extensive knowledge of all Chamber programs, services, initiatives and activities.
• Communicates with Membership Committee and Chamber Board on new member applications to get approval for their membership. Mails welcome letter & packet to new member. Maintains membership directories.
• Coordinator of Youth and Adult Leadership Programs. Responsible for staff support to the Board of Directors, class recruitment, publicity, all monthly programs and alumni activities.
• Managing and scheduling ribbon cuttings/grand openings for Chamber members.
• Coordinates and manages annual and monthly events including Annual Banquet, Golf Tournament, Sampler Event, Membership Breakfasts, Business after Hours, educational workshops, members service programs and coordinates all volunteers.
• Prepare Chamber newsletter, Chamber Newsday Tuesday and any other Chamber publication as required.
• Admin on all Chamber’s social media sites
• Prepare email blasts for all events and maintain rsvp log.
• Coordinates and manages annual and monthly membership and small business events. Secures in-kind contributions as well as sponsorship for events. Manages development of new and innovative programming and services to engage the membership base.
• Assists with preparation and management of event budgets.
• Work with the Board of Directors to establish an Ambassador Program.
• Prepares and manages all marketing materials to include, but not limited to, membership services, social media marketing, print/online advertisements, press releases and digital/online marketing tools.
• Administrator of Chamber website, managing web content and design, loading member and community event postings, member news and Chamber event information as required.
• Perform any other job duties as assigned by the President/CEO of the Chamber.
• Must be able to lift at least 20lbs
Salary and Benefits: The salary range is between $35,000 – $37,500. This position is eligible for benefits including health insurance, including vision and dental, paid time off, educational assistance, retirement contributions, and long-term life insurance.
To Apply: Please email email@example.com a current resume and personalized cover letter. The deadline to apply is June 23, 2022